Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Of Scooters and Friends


When you look for a (girl)friend, look for someone who will not stop you from doing what you love most.  She must not only enjoy being with you, but she must also support you, thereby making her your pillar of strength in whatever you decide to be.

Sometimes, friends can never fully understand how it is to be passionate about things that you like most.  Because they don’t understand the depth of your liking, they try to sway you away from things that make you truly happy. 

Oftentimes, we are bombarded with information that gets us confused. Oftentimes we are barraged by conflicting opinions that make us hover in indecision.  And if we are not that committed to our goals, then one strong wind that will shake our foundation will blow us away.

This has been a perennial situation in my scootering world.  Friends try to sway me from pursuing my love for pro scooters.  I know that deep inside, they mean well.  I know that the seemingly dangerous sport make them nervous whenever I ride on my pro scooter.  And I know that their unsolicited yet well-meaning advices will not end anytime soon.  In fact, I have yet to meet a friend who does not exclaim in horror the first time that they learn of my passion for pro scooters.

So far, I have yet to lose an argument about pro scooters.  My own Grit scooter always gives me inspiration to fight every attempt to sway me from giving it up.

In the future when I am already riding my dream Razor pro scooter, or flying away with my own madd gear pro scooter, I hope that I will make them change their mind.  I hope to change their mind that pro scooter does not equate to danger.

But for now, the support from my own family makes me content.  And that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment